Tennessee Dream Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 oz of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (candied pecans if you have them)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a saucepan over low heat, mix sugar and half and half until liquefied, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir the heavy cream in.
- Once mixed, stir in 2 whisked eggs, vanilla, and Jack Daniel’s.
- Add the mixture back to the stove on low heat for a few more minutes until it’s mixed well.
- Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and pecans.
- Allow to cool, then pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
One note that’s particularly important: while you may be tempted to double or triple the Jack Daniel’s in your ice cream, remember that liquor won’t freeze. I know 3/4 oz doesn’t seem like enough JD, but it’s just enough to flavor it and keep the ice cream a tad soft.
Recipe & Photo courtesy of simple-cocktails.com