Yields 4 servings • Recipe by Valentina Ablaev
Shrimp Scampi is an amazing Italian shrimp dish. It calls for large shrimp or prawns seasoned, then cooked and generously smothered in a butter, garlic and wine sauce served with freshly squeezed lemon juice. The flavors come together and produce a restaurant-quality dinner from the comfort of home—and this dish is completely prepared in under 10 minutes. It’s perfect for a date night dinner at home and a bottle of Cantina Della Torre Pinot Grigo compliments it wonderfully.
- 1 pound large shrimp raw, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ lemon to squeeze over finished dish
- Combine the salt, pepper and paprika then sprinkle it over the shrimp and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over med/high heat. Once hot, add shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side just until cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and butter, sauté over medium heat for 1 minute until fragrant, stirring frequently so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Pour in the wine and broth then cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan.
- Add fresh parsley and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
Recipe & Photo: Courtesy of Natasha's Kitchen