Red Wine Sangria
- 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel or Shiraz)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Splash of orange juice or lemonade
- 2 Shots of gin or triple sec (optional)
- 1 Cup of raspberries or strawberries (may use thawed or frozen)
- 1 Small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
- 4 Cups ginger ale
- Pour wine into a large pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine.
- Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and pineapple then add sugar, orange juice and gin.
- Chill overnight.
- Add ginger ale, berries and ice just before serving.
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice. However, remember that the best Sangrias are chilled around 24 hours in the fridge which allows the flavors to really marinate into each other.
Recipe Source: wine.about.com