Molten Chocolate Whiskey Cake
- 8 oz chocolate baking bar, 60% bittersweet
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 tsp iodized salt
- 3 tbsp whiskey
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 4 eggs plus 2 yolks
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate for 1 minute or until melted – being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Whisk in the salt, whiskey, vanilla, powdered sugar, ginger, cayenne, pepper, and orange zest.
- Whisk in eggs and yolks, one at a time.
- Whisk in flour just until combined.
- Divide batter into 8 greased ramekins. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until the sides are set. The middle will have a slight sag to it, but don’t worry that’s the molten filling.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 60 seconds.
- Loosen edges with a knife and invert onto dessert plates.
Recipe & Picture Source: whiskeydisk.com