Maple-bourbon Glazed Chicken Wings
- 36 chicken wings (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pure maple or pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce* (optional)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
Total Preparation Time: 25 min.
- Cut tips off wings; cut wings in half at joint.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. With wire whisk, stir in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise until smooth.
- Grill or broil chicken wings, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with sauce, 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
*Recipe courtesy of Hellman's via yummly.com