- 2 oz. Rye Whiskey (we recommend Bulleit Rye Whiskey)
- 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura Bitters (optional)
- Maraschino Cherry
- Combine the vermouth, rye whiskey, and bitters with 2 - 3 ice cubes in a mixing glass.
- Stir gently, taking care to not cloud the drink.
- Place the cherry in a chilled glass and strain the whiskey mixture over the cherry.
- You can also add a twist of orange peel for a garnish as well.
The Manhattan has many variations, the following are the most common:
• A Rob Roy is made with Scotch Whisky
• A Dry Manhattan is made with dry vermouth instead of sweet vermouth
• A Perfect Manhattan is made with equal parts sweet and dry vermouth
• A Brandy Manhattan is made with brandy
• A Royal Manhattan is made with Crown Royal Canadian Whisky
• A Southern Manhattan is made with Southern Comfort