An incredible flavor-packed appetizer. This recipe is especially well suited for the warmth and energy of Spring and Summer.
Yields 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Tequila
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Garlic Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Cumin
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 (10 inch) Wooden Skewers
- 1 Large Lime, quartered
- Whisk together the lime juice, tequila, olive oil, garlic salt, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl until well blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp, seal bag and turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before grilling.
- Soak skewers at least 30 minutes in water to prevent burning.
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Thread shrimp onto prepared skewers, 5 to 6 per skewer.
- Cook, uncovered, on preheated grill until shrimp turn pink, turning once, for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with lime wedges for garnish.
*Recipe courtesy of kellen.f via allrecipes.com