Garlic Grilled Steaks
Makes 4 servings • Recipe by Taste of Home
For a mouthwatering change of taste at your next barbecue, take steak to new flavor heights by basting your choice of cuts with a great garlicky blend that requires only a few minutes to fix. Pair this dish with a bold wine like 25 Days Sonoma County Red Blend.
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 boneless beef strip steaks or ribeye steaks (1-inch-thick and 8 ounces each)
- With a mortar and pestle, crush garlic cloves with salt and pepper.
- Stir in oil, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°F; medium, 140°F; medium-well, 145°F).
- Brush generously with garlic mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
Cook’s Note: Top loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Recipe & Photo: Courtesy of Taste of Home