Garlic Crab Fettuccine in Rum Cream Sauce
This recipe should yield 4 to 6 servings and is best served with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and black pepper.
- 12 ounces dried linguine pasta
- Salt, to taste
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup finely diced sweet red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup gold rum
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup thawed and drained tiny frozen peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the linguine, salt the water well, and cook according to package directions until almost tender, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the sweet pepper, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crushed pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, then add the rum and cream and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well.
- Add it to the skillet and cook, tossing and stirring the pasta in the sauce, until it has absorbed half of it, about 2 minutes.
- Add the crab and peas and continue to cook, tossing and stirring, until the crab and peas are heated through, and the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce and is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, divide the pasta among heated bowls and serve immediately
*Recipe courtesy of TheFoodPaper.com