Bailey's Irish Cream Truffle Bites
These little Irish cream bites are especially great during the winter season as a tasty treat. Try rolling them with a variety of other toppings like powdered cocoa, sprinkles or even shredded coconut in place of sugar to mix things up!
- 1 pound chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- Powdered sugar or topping of your choice
- Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside. Bring cream to a boil in small pot.
- Pour cream over chocolate and let sit 1 minute. With a rubber spatula, begin stirring cream and chocolate together in center of the bowl. Gradually incorporate the remaining chocolate and cream for the side.
- Stir in Irish Cream. Cover and let stand overnight or refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Scoop mixture out into small round balls, about 3/4-inch in diameter. Roll the truffles, individually, in the palms of your hands to achieve a uniform shape.
- Store truffles in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and toss them in sugar (or desired topping) before serving.
*Recipe courtesy of SparkRecipes.com